Starting your youngster - a great beginning to a harmonious partnership.
Andrew Cloak starting our young stallion Yalambi's Confidant. Both are looking very relaxed.
We believe this is the most important event in a young horse's life. The Yalambi team is committed to making this a very pleasant and calm experience for your youngster. Our programme follows three steps:
Step 1: We take time to familiarise your horse with a work schedule, equipment and eventually a rider.
· Extensive ground work and handling in the round yard (float training, leading, farrier, safe tying, long reining, etc. )
· Introduction to the saddle
· Introduction to a rider
· Gentle round yard work with a rider on board
· Introduction to bush rides
· Introduction to arena work
Step 2: Once your horse is comfortable with a rider and has understood the basic aids we move on to light schooling.
· Basic flat work in the arena
· Working with and around other horses
· Establishing willingness and acceptance of aids
· Working towards a forward moving and supple horse with good rhythm
Step 3: We would now like to include you in the training process.
· 2 lessons with you riding your young horse under the guidance of Rory.
We estimate that your youngster will be at Yalambi for 6 weeks for the entire programme. Our rates are very competitive at $462 (incl GST) per week including full board agistment at Yalambi.